Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Marianne: A little shopping, a lot of photos.

So, I kind of fell off the map there for a while, didn't I? I've been...busy. First we went to the beach, and I don't really get dressed at the beach. Oh! Here I am in some clothes! The striped French Connection dress I've worn a million times:

Yay for stripes!
The beach was wonderful. Then we drove home and I left the next day for New York. And I actually did a great job of packing and should really try to recreate the outfits I wore there. Here is one of them, a crazypants Tibi dress that I found for 18 whole dollars at the magic consignment store (here's another bold patterned Tibi dress on sale):

photo: Justin Hackworth
I was in New York for work and was massively overbooked, so I didn't really do much in the way of shopping. Tragic, I know. However, my hotel was right across the street from the lovely Chelsea Market, which houses a huge anthropologie. Now, I know, we poke a lot of fun at anthro, but I found this dress and fell in love with it. You should check out the back, which is lovely and I failed to get a picture of.
I also got the trendiest manicure of my life.
So, what have you been up to? Do you think I can wear this dress into the fall? Because it's so ridiculously comfortable that I want to wear it all the time.

dress: Sky Trails Maxi (this pattern is sold out but it's still available in a bunch of other cute patterns. On sale!)
shoes: DV by Dolce Vita Caspian Sandal
bag: Su-Shi Old Skool Mini
leather tassel: Freshly Picked
ring: Miju and You

2 comments:

  1. So many lovely smiles!! The patterned maxi looks divine, and my new life goal is to carry that purse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! How ridiculously cute is your little girl!

    ReplyDelete