Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Marianne: Strike a pose.

Have I mentioned that it is freaking hot? 97 degrees today, people. I can barely handle putting clothes on, so unflattering sack dress it is. As an aside, I might be the only person out there that dislikes pockets on most dresses. I think they add bulk right on the hips, and I can't stop myself from putting my hands in there, which ruins the line. Just my 2 cents.
I was, however, inspired by Adrien's last post and thought I would interpret some of my least favorite fashion blogger poses. If you are guilty of posing like this, I'm not going to apologize. I still love you and I think your hair is pretty, though.

First up, the Little Lost Girl. Knock knees are a must.
And now the Sassy "What's That Up There?"
I call this one, "I'm Just Walking. So Blasé." This one really shows off the sack-like properties of this dress, doesn't it?
And then I made up some new ones. Please feel free to use these liberally.
The Hailing A Cab:
The Fashion Zen:
And my favorite, the Scary Scary Monster!
Dress: J. Crew
Bag: Marc Jacobs Stella
Shoes: Miz Mooz

9 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the scary monster. I think you should add it permanently to your repertoire.

    Also, I don't think that dress is unflattering at all. I just bought a similarly shaped dress and got tons of compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical! I think you look adorable in the dress, biased since I wear sack dresses all summer and want to believe it's a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freakin hilarious! Cute sack dress. I'd rock it.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahahah I am in stitches over the scary monster, especially!

    That dress is too cute. I know what you mean about pockets. I love them in theory but then I find myself only using them as a crutch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Scary Scary Monster actually made me snort-laugh. I expect to see that one again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha! I love these. I need to start using them immediately. I share with you a recent weird pose of mine, the "Transient High-Energy Intermediate". It was from a post about what I wore to teach belly dance class, and I actually belly danced a little while taking the photos. Of course, the camera caught one awesomely weird moment...

    ReplyDelete